Sunday, 4 November 2012

31st Oct -3rd Nov

The week has really whizzed by! I've been really busy - not with exercise, but academic and part-time work. My foot's almost nearly recovered now; there's just a faint, aching click when I rotate my right foot. It's right in the middle of my foot; between my largest toe and the ankle, right on top of the bone that connects the two. Although I haven't been able to run, breakdance, swim, lift or kickbox, I've still been doing the simple V-sit ups, leg rotations and pushups everyday, so at least I get that in. My job at the local pub keeps me on the run all night too, and although I'm not lifting heavy, I certainly am lifting small weights constantly!

I mentioned in my last post that I'd been invited to a friend's for tea. We started watching Parade's End - I'm a sucker for well-executed, literary-based period drama, and had Shepherd's Pie. It was a little dry, and the broccoli under-salted, but it tasted like friendship. Win.


My appetite remained fairly unsated, even so. I popped into the local butchers and bought 500g of lambs' liver, took it home, and pan fried 2/3 of it in coconut oil.


1st Nov: The next day, was a little too much meat - even for me. Gave me a bit of a stomach ache to eat 500g of mince, plus liver. I needed more fat in there, I think.


2nd Nov: My flat had a party, so we all contributed food. Mine was the thai green curry in the middle - chicken with okra and aubergine. Two of the aforementioned flatmates are Thai, and it passed muster with them, so I was pretty pleased. I hadn't eaten the whole day, so I was starved! By the time we'd finished cooking, it was near nine pm, and we didn't finish 'til well past twelve. Sign of good company, that.

Anyway, the rest of the food, as you can see below: oven roasted salmon (crispy skin, yum), Coke chicken (very sweet, not my favourite but a very interesting Chinese dish), prawns with caramelised onions, the same again with more vegetables above it, and pasta, too. Rice on the side for those who wanted it. I declined. We had mulled cider and various other drinks. I think I had half a cup of cider.

I hadn't eaten the entire day, so I was ravenous by the time we started cooking, but oddly enough, once finished, didn't feel that hungry after all! I went past the point of hunger, if that makes sense. I got full rather quickly - I just ate from the curry, the meats, seafood and veg - no carbs, but within two bowlfuls, was stuffed.

We had desserts too, the type one buys from Tesco, unfortunately. We had grapes, a Tesco Finest Ultimate New York Cheesecake, and Creme Brulee. The link doesn't lead to the same creme brulee that we had, but it's roughly equivalent. It actually wasn't bad for storebought - not as incredibly sweet as I thought it would be. I cheated a bit by avoiding the biscuit base of the cheesecake, and eating mostly grapes.


3rd: To redeem myself the next day, I ate leftovers, really. There's no space in my fridge for anything more, so voila! Another bowl of Thai Green Curry. 


Exercise: none that's worth recording - walking around every day is natural and not focused exercise. I'm trying not to get too het up about it - I don't want to stress myself into thinking "oh-I-must-exercise-or-I-shall-get-fat-and-flabby". I need a break to heal; if I exercise on top of injury, I'll make it worse and be out for longer. If I keep eating healthily, I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment