Monday, 15 October 2012

14-15th Oct


14th: These? They are this. Two pounds per pack of 6 sausages. Well worth it. Pork is the most 'dangerous' meat in terms of disease and our of the larger farming animals, it's the one that lives under some of the worst conditions in intensive farming, so if I'm skimping on one meat, I make sure it isn't pork. I don't eat much pork anyway; I'm British to the bone in that I eat copious amounts of beef and occasionally lamb. Also finished off some brilliant Speck from a stall in Borough Market. The fat on that stuff is amazing. Not so greatly, I also ate about 500g of natural Yeo Valley yoghurt. Moderation goes out the window for me when it comes to dairy. Cheese is currently verboten, so apart from this break in routine it's pretty much been full-fat milk in my morning tea and that's it.


Today, this was my main meal, around 11am after having done some lifting in the morning. Four slices of heart in butter, and 4 scrambled eggs with spinach. Again, I added the thai green curry paste. Maybe 500g or so of grapes, and some wild boar salami, from the same stall that I mentioned above. 

What's still in the fridge?  2/3 of the salami sausage, 4 pork sausages from the local butchers, about 300g of minced meat. And goat's butter. I just checked out the website; the goats are 'sheltered' and fed on a heavily grain/wheat/sugar diet so I may just go back to using Kerrygold after, but ya don't know til ya try, right? Plus the rest of the spinach, and a pack of three courgettes. I'm gonna try and live off that until Friday but I don't think it's possible. I have 10 organic eggs, but even then. Maybe if I try eating the minced meat tomorrow (Tuesday), along with two eggs and spinach, then the sausages on Wednesday, with three eggs and a courgette. Then on Thursday I can have three more eggs and a courgette, plus the wild boar salami? Starve on a semi-veg day on Friday: two eggs and a courgette.

So,
Tuesday: minced meat, two eggs, spinach
Weds: sausages, three eggs, courgette
Thurs: salami, three eggs, courgette
Fri: two eggs, courgette

Let's see if I can stick to that. It's gonna be hard. I've tried to match it up to the amount of activity I do - Tuesday I kickbox again, so I definitely want the biggest meal that day. I'm not gonna starve myself - if I get hungry, I will go and buy something to supplement my meals, but let's see how many days it takes. I could fast for 24+ hours I guess, but that's not really in line with my fitness goals at the moment. I can train fasted, but probably not after that long.

My meals are fairly repetitive but I don't really do much when I'm eating by myself. As you will have noticed by now I am perfectly happy eating offal and other cheap but nutritionally dense cuts. Might be signing up to a CSA box soon with a fellow paleo guy. Well, he's a Mark Sisson fan, so he goes by Primal, but the overall term still applies. CSA sounds rather fancy - community supported agriculture. It's local food, is what. Organic veg, grass-fed meat, or at least bordering on organic/free-range if now - the people haven't got back to me yet with specifics.

Exercise: the usual 60 V sit ups, leg lifts and 20 pushups both days. Went Chinese Kickboxing and breakdance on the Sunday, lifted this morning. Did a 5x5 routine, consisting of back squats, push press and deadlift, increasing weights each time. Backsquats around 35kg, 25 for pushpress, and 60 for deadlift. Then a measly attempt at two pullups (I know) and about 15 handstand pushups.

Body comp - can't really tell at the moment. I'd like to think I'm losing body fat and I certainly have some definition on my abdominals when I wake up in the morning, but that's mainly dehydration and the fact that I haven't eaten for about 12 hours. I would like abs, please and thank you.

Cheers,

Laulet

No comments:

Post a Comment