I found this photo on my phone a while back. I've never really been a ketchup person (chips? Salt and vinegar, all the way), but I did like the sentiment behind it.
So on the 18th, I ate a proper mountain of stuff. These weiners were given to me by a friend who went on holiday to Munich, and bought these back as a present. Not the sort of thing I'd usually eat - in fact, I don't think I've ever had sausages from a tin before (unless unknowingly at some cheap restaurant or hotel). I struggled to drag up my rusty old language skills. Don't cook, say the instructions. Boil them in the brine, adding an equal amount of water.


I wasn't too sure about boiling sausages, but I did it anyway - here we go. I don't have a proper lid, as you can see; the lid belongs to a stock pot - one of two pans that I own. The circulon pan is a huge 28cm, as is the other pot. Minimal but easy to make multiple meals in.
I thought it would be a good idea to empty my fridge before Bean arrived, and sliced up both my remaining courgettes. They made a mini mountain. I actually had to pause to wonder if I could eat it all!
One of the sausages split whilst being boiled. It was a rather odd kind of sausage cocoon. It's hard to imagine any sort of butterfly emerging from that, though. A blobby flying pig, maybe.
The final result? As follows:
Five eggs, a dab of green curry paste, two courgettes and two sausages. It was incredibly filling. I actually had to stop in the middle, and rest for half an hour. It probably weighed at least half a kilo. Note to self - maybe one courgette is enough. I think it was slightly psychosomatic - it really looked like a lot, so I got fuller quicker. In fact, there was a recent question on paleohacks regarding hard-boiled vs scrambled eggs, which got me thinking.
Exercise: two hours of kickboxing. I'm determined to grade and spar, but it's a pretty expensive endeavour to get all the gear. Well; better start adding more hours to my shift!
Lysine as usual, 3000mg per day.
Next time I'll give recipes - Bean is a much more competent cook than I, and whipped up some wonderful dishes during his visit. Not everything was paleo, but it was well worth it.
I've gained a fair bit of muscle tone over the past month. Although I haven't been running at all, I'm hoping that the constant exercise (more or less 6x a week, usually 90-120 mins) is a fair enough substitute.







No comments:
Post a Comment