Thursday, 11 October 2012

9th Oct


Some call this gross, others, beauty. I call it food. One whole courgette, fried in Kerrygold butter. Three slices of ox heart. I pan-fry offal quickly, on high heat - I hate the chalky taste of overdone offal. It's pretty raw on the inside, but I haven't got sick so far.

Also, half a mooncake - non-paleo. My aunt made 'em. The egg yolk is the best part, really. If someone invented a pure egg yolk mooncake that would be the best dessert in the world.

3000mg lysine.

60 V situps, 30 leg lifts, 20 pushups, 1.5 hours ZSK kickboxing. Not super intense, but fun. I think my personal 'thing' (I refuse to say philosophy because it isn't. Saying it is: pretentious. Which I also am, a little, but not as much as calling my lifestyle a philosophy) is now: exercise for fitness and enjoyment. Emphasis on the latter. I used to do an awful lot or cycling and running in the gym. This year I've only signed up to the weights room.

This really needs to be more regular. I'm going to stick a post-it on my computer or something. It's because I actually also have a fancy-schmancy (not) Excel sheet which breaks this down into daily components, sans pictures, so it's easy to forget a blog. On the other hand, things like FitDay.com are way too involved. I'm interested in my food macro-nutrient breakdowns but I think it's also a slippery path into obsession and I don't have the time or inclination right now. If I start feeling I need to shake things up or feel any injuries/sicknesses coming on then that'll be when I go down to the very basics.

Paleo peace out. Hippie peace sign and all. Not hipster, though, thank yew.


No comments:

Post a Comment