So, this is what I started out with today. No thai curry paste - enough of that for a while. So you see the rest of my leftover spinach; maybe 200g or so. I can't remember how much minced beef I had either, but the heft of it was about 400g. The goat's butter that I mentioned in the previous post. Did you know, it tastes delicious on its own. What are they feeding those things? Rainbows? Salt and pepper, also organic doodah. They're probably scamming me for all I'm worth but the sea salt (Maldon's) is really good. I'm using Barts organic peppercorns too. I make sure that I buy organic free range eggs; I raved about pork last post, but chickens are treated pretty horrifically too. I once watched a video about it that made my housemate throw up, and go vegan. It was pretty raw though; throats slashed and whatnot. I don't feel an obligation to keep all other animals alive - we're not natural vegetarians, and although conventional nutritional advice seems to stray into the land of vegetarianism-for-health, I'm not buying it. I do think we have the duty to see that the animals have a decent life and are raised healthily - even just for our own benefit. Healthy animals taste better, end of story. And, yes, I do think that if I'm benefiting from its dead flesh, then I should at least make sure it had a fairly happy life. Hard to judge the happiness of an animal, but I'm betting a battery farm isn't at all enjoyable.
My pan is classy. Treat her with respect. She's a Circulon. She ain't no one-term stand; she's a classy little skillet. Oh yes. Incredibly easy to clean and cook with, so worth paying that bit extra, methinks.
So anyway, those ingredients magically transformed themselves into this. Two bowls of it, actually. As you can see I'm sticking to yesterday's outline - minced meat, spinach and two eggs. I'm still hungry though. I'm gonna wait until I've digested a little more, see if anything drops down the throat-hatch into the stomach-box and if I feel fuller, but if not I'll make myself a coconut drink. This will literally involve me taking some of that curry paste, microwaving a can of coconut milk (in a cup, not straight from the can, obviously), stirring in enough butter for my flatmates to express concern over my arteries (no, I don't try and put that right, just smile and shrug) and drink up. It's curry soup with no condiments basically. I always keep a few cans around for emergency hunger. Key is to not drink too much, and after a meal, otherwise it plays havoc with the bowels. Mine, anyway. Mulch Diggums, anyone?
Exercise: swam 2k with a friend around 8am, sprints and different strokes included. Took around an hour, with breaks. I could do more; a lot more if I'm pushed - I was working up to 5k before the summer break, but swimming's not my sport anymore. I used to do a lot of competitive swimming, so my technique's fair, but my time's still decreased. I found myself tiring quite quickly because I hadn't eaten since yesterday lunch, and my forearms were complaining, unusually. I theorised that it was because I was lifting yesterday. Will be doing kickboxing tonight, 2 hrs. Plus I've done the usual ab-tastic V-sits and have changed the leg lifts to leg rotations in order to keep the stomach muscles going, and to utilise the side abs more.
Just procured a part-time job with a local pub. Floor staffing at the moment - serving people their wraps and burgers and chips. Actually it's probably the best food within a 5km radius though, and if I get free food I am having a steak. Oh yes. Minimum wage, but I enjoy people jobs and one of my possible career choices is hospitality. I love being inside the kitchen, seeing the meat on the grill, scooping peas. Even the table cleaning isn't too much of a chore. And it's interesting to be on the other side of the table, as it were. Been waiting to get a restaurant service job for a while. Anyway, it won't pay the rent; I don't intend to do anything more than say 20 hrs a week, but it'll help. Keep me in food and whatnot. Although the shirts they have at the moment are size XL; I can fit my head in one of the sleeves. Waiting for a new shipment. Also, am considering doing a food and hygiene course but I can't figure out why there's such a difference between City & Guilds (famous for training up the LOGOC Olympic team this very year) and CIEH, which seems to be the officially reliable food hygiene cert. Any thoughts?
Current body comp: unconcerned.
Cheers,
Laulet


No comments:
Post a Comment