Wednesday, 17 October 2012

17th Oct

Well, wouldja lookit that. It's a latte. Amaretto. Sugar-free syrup. Whipped cream - probably with sugar, but it was TASTY. I keep down to two cups of caffine a day - I have a very soft spot for Twinings Earl Grey (and the people who gave it to me gave me a lovely box of organic tea bags, bless their hearts), and I can't take straight filtered coffee because it I am a wuss.  Anyway, I was meeting with a friend, we had a good talk about academic life, and then off I popped.


This is how I pan-fry zucchini. Anyone, and really, I do mean anyone, can do this. Medium high-heat, a load of butter (this time it was the goat butter again, yum), and salt and pepper. Separate the thinly sliced pieces, and turn over once browned. Then take 'em out. You can lay them on a paper towel if they're too soggy, which will soak up some of the oil/fat. If you want crisp courgettes, then slice thinly, exactly the same, but sprinkle a baking tray liberally with olive oil, slat and pepper (plus any other seasoning you may desire, i.e. rosemary, thyme etc) and pop it in the oven at top temp for a few minutes. Keep an eye out to ensure they don't burn. The courgettes will be done in about 30 seconds at the right temperature.

Top tip? Have a good knife. I was given a really sharp zwilling knife; it's a basic chef's knife, but it cuts through just about everything. Including my fingers; I have had a few mishaps here and there, but let's gloss over that, shall we?


I fried half normally, and then fried the other half with three eggs and thai green curry paste. Dee-licious. 5-10g of paste max out, unless you want a fire in your belly and tears in your eyes. It's potent stuff.


See also three sausages from the local butcher's. I've kept to the template I laid out before, although I may or may not have eaten the salami... for breakfast...

In my defense, the fire alarm went off at 5am in the morning, and we had to trek out in pyjamas in heavy rain to stand on a field and shiver until the security checked everything out. Then somebody set it off again at 8am. The earlier I wake up, the earlier I get hungry, which makes sense. So the salami was sacrificed. Now I have five eggs, two courgettes and about five cans of coconut milk. I don't think I'll last 'til Friday, but lucky me, my partner is 'a visiting on Friday and bringing food. The true way to a man's heart. And in fact, mine. My pardner, let's call him Bean, is bringing duck. I repeat, duck. CHINESE ROAST DUCK. That is all. Thank you, and goodnight.

Exercise: usual situps, pushups. Have 2 hrs of breakdance comin' up. You know, considering the latest post by Mark Sisson - i.e. 4,000 calories as the upper limit per week of focused exercise, I wonder where this kind of sport fits in. Does breakdance count? Does kickboxing? If so, that's a good 12 hours or so every week, and how much does that burn? Not to mention any extra I get in through random swim sessions, lifting and anything else I decide to do. I'm not particularly worried, though. If I'm tired I push through it, if I'm exhausted, I rest. 

Lysine as per usual.

Paleo out

Laulet

No comments:

Post a Comment